My daughter is the baker and dessert maker in our house. She made these little delights the other day and they were gone in about 5 minutes. They are a perfect summer dessert when berries are in season. They would also be great for the 4th of July.Print
- 1 package fresh strawberries
- 8 oz block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Remove the stems from the strawberries, and using a melon baller, scoop out a hole from the top of each strawberry. Cut a small part of the bottom of the strawberry with a sharp knife to create a flat surface for the strawberries to stand on. Strawberry prep is done!
- Using a hand mixer, mix together the cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract, until fluffy and light.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a piping bag lined with a star tip, and pipe the filling into each of the prepped strawberries. If you don’t have a piping bag, cut the corner of a zip-loc bag, fill it with cream cheese, and pipe the filling in the same way.