Celebrate your 4th of July with this show-stopping Strawberry Blueberry Trifle. Loaded with pound cake, an extra creamy homemade whipped topping, and fresh luscious berries, this dessert will make a stunning entrance and easily feed your entire crew. I think trifles are the best no-bake dessert around.
Note: If you don’t have a trifle dish, you can make it in a 9×13 pan.
- 27 oz. pound cake cut into 1″ cubes (I used Sara Lee 16 oz. plus 10.75 oz. cake)
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 1/2 pints fresh blueberries
- 3 Tbls. sugar
- 2 packages 8 oz each cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 4 quart trifle dish or 9x13 cake pan
- Place strawberries and blueberries in separate bowls. Sprinkle each with 1 1/2 Tbls. of sugar. Set aside.
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until creamy and smooth, scraping the bowl as needed. With mixer on, pour in 2 cups heavy cream plus vanilla and turn mixer to medium-high. Continue beating until whipped, 3-5 minutes. Stir in lemon zest.
- To assemble trifle, place 1/3 of the cubed pound cake into the bottom of your trifle dish. Add 1/3 of your cream mixture and loosely spread it over cake pieces. Add 1/2 of the sliced strawberries. Repeat with remaining ingredients adding 1/2 of the blueberries for the second fruit layer. Repeat last layers and combine both berries on the top.
- Note: This cake is best served the same day it’s made. Refrigerate until ready to eat.