Valentines Dinner—Herb and Butter Basted New York Strip For Two
- 1 1-pound, New York strip steak
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 5 Tbls. butter, divided
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup shallots, minced
- 8 oz. bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbls. parsley, minced
- Pat steak dry and season all over with salt and freshly ground pepper. Let the meat stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook over high heat until crust forms on the bottom, about 4-5 minutes. Turn the steak and add the butter, thyme, garlic and shallots to the skillet. Cook over high heat, basting the steaks with the melted butter, and shallot herb mixture, until the steaks are medium-rare, 5 to 7 minutes longer.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Next, add additional 2 tablespoons of butter to the same pan. Add mushrooms and cook over high-heat until softened and slightly charred, 7-10 minutes.
- Slice steak, top with mushrooms and parsley. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply