My kitchen is a revolving door in the summer with kids and friends at all hours. I made up a bunch of these for fast healthy summer snacks and lunches. They would be great for picnics too. These are so satisfying and easy to make or take when you want it now.Print
Mason Jar Food—Soba Noodle Salad With Spicy Peanut Sauce
- For the Salad:
- 4 ounces soba noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- For the Spicy Peanut Dressing:
- 3 Tbls. peanut butter
- 2 Tbls. sambal oelek
- 2 Tbls. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbls. soy sauce
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Meanwhile, make spicy peanut dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, sambal oelek, rice vinegar and soy sauce. While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil until all oil is incorporated.
- Divide soba noodles among jars. Next, divide dressing equally among jars. Layer remaining ingredients, ending with chow mein noodles. Top with lids and refrigerate up to 5 days. To serve, pour onto plate or bowl, stir and enjoy.
Daniel Jacobs says
This is cool
Thank you for the informative post.