When you want to spend your evening outside on the patio and not inside cooking, make this. These light and refreshing summer flavors are perfect for an easy weeknight meal.
Israeli couscous, also called pearl couscous, is similar to regular couscous in that it’s a small, whole grain-like food made from semolina or wheat flour. You can find it in most grocery stores. I like the purple box at Trader Joes.
- 1 3/4 cups Isreali couscous, cooked according to directions
- 3/4 cup pesto
- 4 cups shredded chicken breast (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 pkg (10.5 oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella, cubed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- basil leaves
- Prepare couscous according to directions. Drain and rinse couscous under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl. Add pesto, chicken, tomatoes, and mozzarella. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour balsamic vinegar over salad and mix well.
- Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve.