We are back from Spring Break and I must say, a week in the sun and surf did us all good. I enjoyed the R&R and the wonderful Caribbean food. I didn’t however enjoy my empty cupboards when I returned home. So I scrounged around and pulled out a jar of marinated artichokes for my inspiration. I got the hmmm….what are you making look from my husband but when he tasted these delicious little morsels of goodness he was a happy camper. Appetizers for dinner are sooo underrated. I must have eaten a dozen of these and now they are definitely going to be in heavy rotation for the spring season. Make these for your next party or just a little treat for yourself.
As a bonus, you can make ahead and freeze.
- 1 cup three cheese blend (parmesan, mozzarella, and asiago)
- 1 cup chopped marinated artichokes (I got mine at Trader Joes)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup of diced green chilies (1 can)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 squirt of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf of french bread sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place sliced baguettes on cookie sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix rest of ingredients in bowl and season with salt and pepper. Spread mixture over crostini and bake in the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- Note: If you make ahead, freeze on cookie sheet for up to a month.