This easy and tasty “what’s left in my kitchen for dinner tonight?” panini sandwich was WOW. It’s perfect for using leftover chicken and will satisfy all appetites. The secret is mixing all the ingredients together versus layering. Every bite is creamy and crunchy and full of herbs. I used oregano and parsley because that’s what I had on hand. You could use chives or thyme and I think it would be equally as good. If you don’t have a panini press you can make this on the stove and weigh it down with a plate or another pan.
Either way, you will have an easy and delicious weeknight meal.
- Ciabatta loaf
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbls. fresh oregano, minced
- 1 Tbls. fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 Tbls. sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Gruyere cheese
- Places all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Spoon onto bottom half of the Ciabatta loaf.
- Heat a panini press or large non-stick skillet to medium-high. If using a skillet place a heavy plate over the top to weigh it down. Place Sandwich on panini maker or skillet and cook 2-4 minutes per side until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove and slice. Serve immediately.