When my days are hectic I love making a good salad that can last all week. Orzo Salad goes great with grilled chicken, fish, or steak. My family can dig into it at anytime—bring it for lunch or have a snack after school. I also love this orzo salad because it’s tangy and fresh and you can put anything you like in it (leftover summer produce is where I’m going with this). Also great for a POTLUCK!
Make this and have a great staple for the week ahead.
- For Salad:
- 2 cups orzo, cooked according to instructions
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup feta cheese
- For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbls. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbls. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. each salt and pepper
- Cook orzo according to package instructions. Strain and rinse under cold water and place in a large serving bowl.
- Next, add dressing ingredients together in a container and shake well. Set aside.
- Add all the other ingredients to the serving bowl and pour the dressing over the top. Stir to combine, taste and adjust seasonings. Then top with more feta if you like and serve as a main dish salad or with grilled chicken, fish, or steak.