Tonja’s Table is extremely excited to announce that our cookbook, Tonja’s Table: Menus and Recipes for Every Occasion has been awarded the silver medal of the cookbook category in the Ninth Annual Living Now awards. Since 2008 Living Now has celebrated “the year’s best books that help readers attain healthier, more fulfilling, and productive lives.” Tonja’s Table is incredibly honored to receive this award and we cannot thank you all for the support you have given over the past year!
If you have not purchased your copy of Tonja’s Table: Menus and Recipes for All Occasions yet, here is a sneak peak at one of the exclusive recipes in the book! Purchase your copy here today!
- For the fish:
- 1 pound halibut or other mild white fish
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- For the tomatillo sauce:
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 tomatillos, husked and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- For the pico de gallo:
- 4 to 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion 1⁄2 to 3⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 to 2 jalapeños (to taste), finely minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- For the taco assembly:
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded cabbage Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut fish into 2-ounce portions about 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 inch thick. Sprinkle Cajun seasoning on both sides. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Add fish and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side. (e fish is thin, so don’t overcook!) Place cooked fish on cookie sheet and keep warm in 250°F oven until all the fish is done.
- Mix all tomatillo sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Mix all pico de gallo ingredients together. Taste to adjust seasonings.
- Warm the tortillas. For each taco, place fish, cabbage, cheese, sauce, and pico de gallo in a warm tortilla.