I finally tried using Franks hot sauce in meatball form and we loved the results. Adding celery and scallion to the meatball mix gives the perfect balance. If you love anything buffalo-style you will love these.
Take them to your neighbors or the lake or your back patio. These were anything but boring.
Bonus–these can be done in 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- For Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground chicken (or turkey)
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbls. celery, finely diced
- 1 scallion (white and green parts, minced)
- 1- 2 Tbls Frank's Red Hot
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- For the Sauce:
- ½ stick (4 tablespoons) salted butter
- ¾ cup Frank's Red Hot
- ¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Celery sticks (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the chicken, breadcrumbs, celery, scallion, hot sauce, egg, garlic and salt and pepper in a bowl. Gently mix until well combined. Using a tablespoon measure, remove scoops of the mixture, roll into balls and put onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked through and browned, about 15 minutes.
- To make the sauce, heat a skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter and the hot sauce, stirring to combine. Once the meatballs are cooked, add to the sauce and toss to coat well.
- Transfer the meatballs to a platter. Sprinkle over the blue cheese and serve with the celery stalks and toothpicks to skewer.