I look forward to making this dish every summer. It’s so addicting that I don’t think it’s possible to make it too much. Serve it as a starter, or a light summer dinner. You can use any kind of pita for dipping. It’s colorful, easy and SO wonderfully light and delicious.
I’m also sharing my tips for ‘doctoring’ up hummus so you don’t need to make it from scratch.
No-cook recipes for the win.
- 2-10 ounce containers of regular hummus
- 1-2 tsp. Sriracha
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 large cucumber, unpeeled, seeded and diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- ⅓rd cup olive oil
- ¼th cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Pita chips or pita bread for serving
- In a bowl, combine hummus, Sriracha, and cumin. Mix well and refrigerate until assembly.
- In another large bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, and red onion. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon hummus on a platter, spreading evenly. Using a slotted spoon, top hummus with the vegetables and sprinkle parsley over the top. Drizzle with additional olive oil and serve with pita chips or bread.