This bruschetta is made with Calabrian chili peppers that originate from the Calabrian region of southern Italy. This region is famous for its spicy and robust cuisine and these peppers ooze with flavor. Although predominantly spicy, there is also salty, smoky and even fruity taste. Adding just a teaspoon to the bruschetta brings out all this flavor, along with the creamy coolness of avocado and fresh summer tomatoes and basil.
If you love bruschetta and want to try something new make this!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mozzarella balls, quartered
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 Tbls. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbls. balsamic vinegar
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tsp, Calabrian peppers, minced from jar
- 2 Tbls. Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf Italian bread sliced
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Toast the bread 3-4 minutes a side until charred with grill marks.
- Spoon bruschetta mixture over toasts and serve.