This dish has all the components of a beautiful August dinner—in-season Sockeye Salmon roasted to perfection and served with a fresh crop of zucchini, summer squash, and cherry tomatoes. I toasted some pine nuts for good measure and made a flavorful honey mustard sauce to coat the salmon. Its a stunner for any dinner party and also simple enough for a healthy weeknight meal.
Honey Mustard Glazed Summer Salmon with Zucchini Salad
Author: Tonja Engen
- For the Salmon:
- 2 lbs. Salmon filet (Sockeye is my favorite)
- ¼ cup stone ground mustard
- 2½ Tbls. honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. paprika
- Zucchini and Summer Squash Salad
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbls. honey
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 2-3 zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 1-2 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup green onions, minced
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line a rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the stone ground mustard, honey, garlic, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place the salmon skin-side down on the foil. Top with the honey mustard sauce and spread it out to cover the whole filet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- While the salmon is baking, make the zucchini salad. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper until fully incorporated.
- Toss in a large bowl with zucchinis, summer squash, tomatoes and green onions.
- Serve the zucchini salad directly on top of the filet and sprinkle with pine nuts.
Leave a Reply