If you know me personally, you know I’m not a very “crafty” person. For example, I think they invented scrapbooking just to make me feel bad. But these mason jars make me want to be crafty because everything just looks so cute in them! An easy, everybody-will-love taco dip recipe is what I am making today. These can be popped in the cooler and are a great app for the boat or at the lake Personalize with your favorite Mexican flavors and always begin layering with ground beef.
- 8 oz. ground beef
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tbls. taco seasoning mix
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup prepared or homemade guacamole
- 1 cup store-bought pico de gallo salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Tortilla chips or Fritos
- In a medium skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning mix. Heat to simmering; cook a few minutes or until thickened. Stir in refried beans and mix thoroughly.
- In 6 (8-oz) wide-mouth glass jars, evenly layer beef mixture, sour cream, guacamole and salsa. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with cilantro. Refrigerate until ready to serve.