You all know by now that no matter what I’m consuming– indulgent or healthy, I can’t skimp on flavor. This heart-healthy 5 ingredient tomato and broccoli salad gets its zing from shallots and red-wine vinegar. The key is putting your broccoli into a water bath so the shallots and vinegar absorb into the little florets and and make every bite delicious. Plus– this side goes with absolutely EVERYTHING.
- 8 oz. container sweet glorys or cocktail tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 Tbls. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 medium-sized shallot, minced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place shallot, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Set aside to marinate.
- Add tomatoes to a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Next, fill a bowl with ice water and set aside.
- Add water to a medium saucepan over high heat. Once boiling, add broccoli and cook, 2 to 3 minutes, until bright green. Using a slotted spoon transfer the broccoli to the bowl of ice water. Let stand until completely cool. Drain thoroughly; pat dry with paper towels. Transfer to the bowl of tomatoes.
- Add shallot mixture and stir to incorporate. Drizzle salad with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Set aside to marinate, stirring occasionally, for at least 10 minutes. Season again to taste.