Every year after featuring different chefs from across Minnesota, Twin Cities Live picks one dish to be their favorite. We are beyond excited to say that for 2018, Elizabeth’s favorite dish was Fettucine with Peas and Prosciutto from Tonja’s Table! It has been an amazing year being featured on TCL. If you missed a segment, check out our Media page where you can all the clips from 2018!
A huge thank you to Elizabeth and Steve, as well as the Twin Cities Live crew, for everything they did this year! We cannot wait to see what 2019 has in store.
Have a wonderful New Year!Print
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 ounces prosciutto, sliced into ribbons
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 pound fresh or packaged fettuccine
- 3⁄4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Drizzle of truffle oil (optional)
- Set a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, set a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil and the butter. Add the shallot to the pan and sauté until trans- lucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for 30 seconds. Place the prosciutto in the pan and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes. Deglaze the pan with wine and cook until it is nearly evapoated, about 30 seconds. Add the cream, salt, and pepper to the pan, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, letting the cream reduce by half. Add the peas.
- When the pot of water is boiling, stir in the pasta. Turn the sauce to low while the pasta cooks. Strain the pasta and place in sauce. Sprinkle with the cheese. Drizzle with truffle oil. Toss the pasta well. Serve immediately.