I would venture to say that Super Bowl Sunday is one of my favorite eating days of the year. The holidays are great, but when I’m stuck inside with sub-zero temps and a day of football in front of me, my idea of fun is a platter full of sliders, a basket of wings, and a brilliantly concocted dip.
This new slider recipe share’s my love for bratwursts–served on onion buns with a mustard-infused beer cheese sauce. Yum. Let’s get to it.
** Looking for more delicious recipes? Search “Super Bowl” on my website and choose from your favorites!
- 2 pounds uncooked bratwurst links, casings removed (2 packages)
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup beer (lager, or favorite beer)
- 1 Tbls. yellow mustard
- 1 Tbls. stone ground mustard
- 2 tsp.Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 onion dinner rolls (toasted, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make 16 slider patties with bratwurst links. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook sliders in 2 batches for 10-13 minutes until no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- Add cream cheese, beer, mustards, and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered until thickened, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place onion rolls on cookie sheet open-faced and toast for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and
- assemble sliders with beer cheese sauce. Serve immediately.