There is nothing better than fresh Minnesota walleye. I made the most of ours with a shore lunch batter and then added these super easy pickled vegetables and some Sriracha mayo. A toasted brioche bun adds a final layer to this amazing sandwich. I can’t say enough about the pickled carrots, radishes, and cucumber. I want to put these on everything. Such an easy way to up your sandwich game.
- 1 carrot peeled into ribbons
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice-wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1–2 tsp. Sriracha, or desired amount
- 4 walleye fillets
- 1 box shore lunch (follow directions for batter on the box)
- Canola oil
- 4 Brioche buns, halved
- 3 Tbls. cilantro, chopped
- Toss carrots, cucumber, radishes, vinegar, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise and Sriracha in another bowl.
- Pour 2 inches of canola oil in a dutch oven and heat to between 350-375 degrees.
- Mix Shore Lunch according to directions and dredge fish filets in batter.
- Fry fish 2-3 minutes per side working in batches if necessary.
- While fish is frying, toast Brioche rolls in another skillet.
- Remove fish to a baking sheet.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on all roll halves. Layer fish followed by pickled vegetables on bottom halves.
- Serve immediately.