Just a little treat to get you through the last couple weeks of January. These Raspberry Almond Oat Bars have the perfect amount of tangy, chewy, sweetness. Serve with a hot mug of coffee and enjoy!
Tip: My mother-in-law makes us fresh raspberry jam but you can easily use store-bought.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 2 packed cups brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 10 ounces raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter it lightly.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Beat in the egg, baking powder, and almond extract.
- With the mixer on low, beat in the flour, one cup at a time, and then the oats.
- Remove ⅔ cup of the dough and set aside for the topping. Then press the rest into the bottom of your pan evenly.
- Top the dough with the jam, spreading it out into an even layer, and then crumble the remaining dough in little pieces over the top.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, just until the topping starts to turn golden.
- Let cool in the pan, on a rack, and then cut into 20 pieces.