Football season is here and that means game day food! Make these tasty bratwurst bites, ok maybe make a double batch, because they are sooo good. This is a high-brow version of pigs in a blanket and will elevate game day with your friends and family. All you need are mini muffin tins for baking, a really good mustard, and Everything Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joes.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed and cut into four 5-inch squares
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 bratwursts, cooked
- 1/4 cup honey pale ale mustard (or other favorite mustard)
- 1 Tbls. Everything Bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, lay puff pastry sheets out and roll slightly to get a smooth sheet (should be approximately a 12 inch square. Cut sheet into 4-inch squares.
- Spread 1-2 teaspoons mustard on each puff pastry square. Lay one bratwurst over the mustard, and then gently roll up. Brush the edge of the pastry with egg wash and seal. Repeat with remaining pastry and brats. Brush each log with egg wash and sprinkle with Everything Bagel seasoning.
- Slice logs into 1 inch slices and place them in mini muffin pans. Bake for 25 minutes until pastry is golden brown. Remove to a platter and serve with extra mustard.
- Make Ahead:The unbaked sliced rounds can be frozen for up to 1 month. Thaw before baking.