Memorial Day kicks off the summer season and that means just 15 weekends until labor day for us to pack it all in with friends and family. Start the celebrations with my favorite zesty grilled pork chops. They are marinated ahead so you can toss them in your cooler and head to the lake. If you’re staying home, grill these up for a crowd. This marinade makes any pork chop extra juicy– infusing it with great savory flavor and a touch of sweet. Serve this with a cool refreshing peanut soba noodle salad and you have a make-ahead menu that everyone will love.
- 6 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch to 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- sesame seeds, optional
- In a bowl, combine all marinade ingredients. Place pork chops in ziplock bag and pour marinade over. Massage to combine thoroughly and marinate for 3 hours to overnight.
- Take the pork chops out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Brush grill with oil and set to medium high heat. Grill thick pork chops (1-inch thick) 4 minutes then turn the chops and cook for 3 minutes more. For thinner pork chops (1/2 inch), grill 3 minutes, then turn the chops and grill 2 minutes longer. Baste chops with leftover marinade while grilling.
- Transfer pork chops to a platter, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.