I was looking for a winter bruschetta. Something my guests could enjoy when tomatoes are out-of-season and something I could serve on those cold winter nights. These savory treats are addictive and I always get requests for more. You can make these in advance and pop them in the oven when your guests arrive.
- 1 small package chopped frozen spinach
- 4 Tbls. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1– 8 oz. package mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 french baguette, 1/4 inch sliced
- Thaw spinach and drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan, add onions and garlic and sauté until transparent, 5-8 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté until cooked through, another 10 minutes. Add spinach and mix until mixture is warm. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add mayonnaise and cheese to mushroom mixture and mix to combine.
- Butter bottom of each slice of bread, spread mixture on top and arrange slices on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Note: Can be assembled & frozen for up to 3 months. To bake, thaw about 15 minutes and bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.