A friend of ours brought this to a party years ago and it was such a hit we added it to our catering menu. Goat cheese and figs are a perfect pairing. The kalamata olives, capers and balsamic vinegar elevate this tapenade to spectacular.
Make this showstopping platter for your Easter Brunch or cocktail party. It’s simple, beautiful and unique—my favorite combination.
Note: Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.Print
- 1 cup mission figs, chopped
- 1/3 cup kalamata Olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 Tbls. olive oil
- 1 Tbls. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbls. capers, drained & chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. thyme, chopped
- 10 0z. soft goat cheese (Montrachet), cut crosswise into ½” rounds
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Fresh Thyme Sprigs-Garnish
- Assorted Breads or Crackers
- In a medium-sized bowl, add figs, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, olives, capers, and chopped thyme. Mix thoroughly and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange overlapping cheese rounds in a circle in the center of a platter. Stir chopped walnuts into tapenade; spoon into center of cheese circle. Garnish with walnut halves and thyme sprigs. Serve with breads and/or crackers.