It’s Super Bowl Sunday and let’s face it, who isn’t on Team Sriracha? This deliciously addicting condiment will add just the right spice to your Super Bowl party. Baked into this cheesy chicken dip with 3 different kinds of sauteed peppers makes this irresistible. It’s like the “stand-around-the-kitchen-island-dip” you can’t stop eating.
You can take some shortcuts and use rotisserie chicken or prepare this all in advance and pop in the fridge until you’re ready to bake. It’s the perfect Super Bowl dip for entertaining and it makes a big batch for all your friends.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 anaheim chiles, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- Shredded meat from one rotisserie chicken or 4 chicken breasts cooked and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Sriracha sauce, plus extra for serving
- Salt and pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in a 3½ quart dutch oven over medium heat. Add chiles, onion and garlic and cook until the peppers are softened, 8-10 minutes. Stir in the Rotel tomatoes and cook until the liquid is slightly reduced. Add the chicken, beans, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Next add one cup of the Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and Sriracha to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Place chicken mixture in a 9 x 13 baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cup of shredded cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are bubbling and the dip is heated through.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips and additional Sriracha if desired.