Exact measurements are a foreign concept to me. Hence, the reason I love to cook more than bake. And yes, I know this is a funny name for dessert but when I saw the word “dump” I was too curious not to try—and I’m so glad I did!
This was fast and so yummy. You literally “dump” it in and bake. It’s a perfect fall dessert and it will make your home smell wonderful.Print
- 1 29-oz can pumpkin puree
- 1–12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 package supermoist yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Lightly grease 9×13 baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the top of the batter. If adding pecans, sprinkle them over the cake mix. Drizzle melted butter over the top. Bake 50-60 min. Let it cool and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.