It’s short and sweet this week because I wanted you to have this for Super Bowl Sunday.
Wow your football friends with this new Buffalo Chicken App. These pinwheels are just one more reason why I love Franks. They are rolled and baked in pizza dough with mozzarella and served with a crunchy celery/blue cheese sauce.
If you want additional Franks recipes for game day check out Tonjastable.com or go on facebook under Tonja’s Table and you’ll fine more there.
Enjoy the game!
- For the Buffalo Chicken:
- 1 recipe Pizza Dough (I buy mine at Trader Joes)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Franks Hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella
- For the Celery Blue Cheese Dip:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Turn Slow cooker on high. Add chicken, Franks hot sauce, butter and salt and pepper. Cook on high 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400. Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick spray, or use a muffin tin. (I used muffin tins)
- Roll out pizza dough to 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Spread chicken and cheese evenly across dough. Starting from long side of dough, begin rolling it up like a cinnamon roll. Pinch ends when done. Slice into 1 1/2 inch rolls.
- Place on a baking sheet or in muffin tins. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and dough is lightly browned.
- Chop celery and mix all ingredients together. Serve on top of pinwheels.