With the abundance of summer tomatoes left, and my herb garden overflowing, I’ve created an easy and tasty sheet pan pizza for any night of the week. Roasted cherry tomatoes with garlic, honey, and lots of chopped herbs are the base for this pizza and a fun delicious way to enjoy dinner together. Throw in a salad and you’re set.
Sheet Pan Dinner---Cherry Tomato and Herb Pizza with Mozzarella and Parmesan
Author: Tonja Engen
- 1 store-bought pizza dough
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbls. fresh thyme leaves
- ¼- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped,
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces pepperoni, sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Place the pizza dough in a large bowl and drizzle with 1 tbls. olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for at least 30 minutes and up to 5 hours.
- To make the sauce. on a large sheet pan combine the tomatoes, olive oil, honey, thyme, and salt and pepper. Roast in the oven at 500 degrees F. for 10-15 minutes, until the tomatoes burst. Using a fork, smash the tomatoes down until a chunky sauce forms.
- To make the herb seasoning, in a bowl, combine the basil, oregano, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Season with an additional pinch of salt and pepper.
- To assemble, drizzle pan lightly with olive oil, gently press the dough until it covers the entire sheet pan. Spread on the sauce, top with cheese, then pepperoni if using. Sprinkle the herb seasoning over top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate the pizza, and bake another 3-5 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted. Top the pizza with fresh basil and additional crushed red pepper flakes.
Leave a Reply