…Not to be confused with Ina Gartens Engagement Chicken.
Are you trying to get out of the dog house? Or maybe trying to woo someone special? This chicken dish really is worthy of marriage. A few years ago, Delish shared a version of a “Marry Me Chicken” after the editors devoured these crispy chicken thighs soaked in a savory sun-dried tomato-thyme cream sauce, and exclaimed “I’d marry you for that chicken.” It’s really funny to me how things get started but I think you’ll agree once you try it. I’ve adapted it to my tastes and ‘love’ the results.
- 1 Tbls. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbls. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbls. parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°. Heat oil n a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper and sear, skin-side down, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and pour off half the fat from skillet.
- Return skillet to medium heat, add leeks and saute' for 3 minutes. Next, add garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then stir in chicken stock, heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan. Season with more salt. Bring to a simmer, then return chicken to skillet, skin-side up.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through (and juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife), 17 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.