This colorful, tasty vegetarian appetizer is perfect to set out at your next holiday party. Beets pair exquisitely with the subtle tang of goat cheese. They have become a classic combination and they look so festive!
- 2 packages roasted beets, diced
- 1 tsp. each salt & pepper
- 2 Tbls. orange juice
- 2 Tbls. Sherry vinegar
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 8 oz. Stickney Hills Goat cheese
- 2 Tbls. Olive oil
- 2 cups arugula, loosely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- package of crostinis
- In a large bowl, add diced beets, salt and pepper, orange juice, sherry vinegar, and minced shallot.
- Marinate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- In a mixing bowl, add goat cheese with olive oil. Whip together until smooth.
- To assemble, spread a layer of goat cheese on the bottom of crostini, followed by arugula, roasted beets, and then sprinkle pistachios over the top.
- Serve immediately.