These potatoes are a staple at our house. They are crispy and earthly with the scent of rosemary and garlic. The chive sour cream sauce adds to every savory bite.
Sometimes a great side dish can be the star of the show. These can go with really any meat or seafood. And the leftovers are perfect with a poached or fried egg for breakfast the next morning.
The trick to roasting potatoes is to place the cookie sheet in the oven while it’s preheating so it gets piping hot. It helps to prevent your potatoes from sticking.
- For the Roasted Rosemary Potatoes:
- 8 medium red potatoes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 Tbls. chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- For the Sour Cream Chive Sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbls. chives, minced
- dash of salt and pepper
- Place cookie sheet in oven and heat to 375 degrees. Cut the potatoes in small 1/4 inch chunks and pour into a large bowl. Mix the diced red onion, rosemary, salt and pepper, and olive oil separately. Pour over potatoes and mix together.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes. After 30 minutes stir potatoes to cook evenly and prevent from sticking. Bake an additional 30 minutes and stir the potatoes once more. Sprinkle with cheese the last 10-15 minutes of baking.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Serve with sour cream chive sauce.