- 3 Tbls. butter
- 2 Tbls. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup white wine (as needed)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbls. parsley, minced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Potato chips, for serving
Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onions, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently until translucent and starting to color, about 10 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium-low and continue to cook, until onions are nicely caramelized, approximately 20 more minutes. If the pan becomes dry, add a splash of wine and keep stirring.
Remove onions to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
In the meantime, place the sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, garlic powder Worcestershire, and 1 teaspoon of salt into a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat until smooth. Add the parsley and onions and mix well. Taste for seasonings.
Serve at room temperature.