- For Steak:
- 2–8 oz. filets or prime sirloin
- 1–2 Tbls. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 Tbls. Olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- For dressing:
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire
- 1/4 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 heads coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan
- Preheat Grill.
- Drizzle steak with olive oil. Sprinkle with Montreal Steak Seasoning and salt and pepper. Grill steak to desired doneness. Let rest 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add buttermilk, Gorgonzola, Parmesan, mayonnaise, vinegar, chives, garlic, Dijon, Worcestershire and Tabasco to a salad dressing shaker or bowl . Mix ingredients well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in the refrigerator for the flavor to meld completely.
- Slice steak into thin strips. In a large bowl add lettuce, tomatoes, croutons and Parmesan. Add steak and dressing. Mix completely right before serving.