- 1 bag of Arugula and Spinach mix
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 20 slices Fresh Parmesan Reggiano (use a carrot peeler)
- 2 cups french bread cut into cubes
- For Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 Tbls. Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. slowly add the oil and continue whisking until thickened. Set aside.
- Pour 1 Tbls. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add bread cubes. Toast, stirring occasionally until light brown. Season with salt and pepper and remove to a bowl. Drizzle 2 Tbls. of vinaigrette over bread cubes and toss.
- In the same pan, add pine nuts and toast until lightly browned, approximately 5 minutes. Set aside.
- To assemble salad, add lettuces, pine nuts, and bread cubes. Shave parmesan over salad and toss with desired amount of dressing (you will have leftover dressing).
- Serve immediately.