- 4 everything bagels
- 16 oz. breakfast sausage links
- 2 Tbls. butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbls. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups tater tots
- Chives to garnish
- In a large skillet over medium hight heat, cook sausage links according to instructions. Remove from skillet and slice into 1/2 inch lengths. Set aside.
- Add 2 Tbls. butter to the skillet and add onion and bell pepper. Cook until translucent and soft, 8-10 minutes.Transfer the onion mixture to a bowl and add sausage links.
- Next, spray a 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick spray. Slice the bagels into bite-sized pieces and place into casserole dish. Add sausage and onion mixture over bagels and toss. Sprinkle both cheeses on top and place cream cheese chunks around dish. Add tater tots on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, half and half, mustard, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper together thoroughly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. The longer it sits, the better/moister it will be.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for 15-20 more minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, sprinkle with chives and serve.