- 2 pounds small yellow potatoes (I used Klondike golden yellow)
- ¼ cup duck fat, melted
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 thyme sprigs
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together the potatoes, duck fat, salt and pepper. Lay thyme sprigs on top.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then reduce oven heat to 350 degrees. Continue to roast until potatoes are fork-tender, another 15 to 25 minutes. Remove thyme and bay leaves and serve around roast or in serving bowl.