- For The Ribeye Roast:
- 1 (3-4 pound) boneless rib-eye roast, left at room temperature for 2 hours before cooking
- 2 Tbls. olive oil
- 1 Tbls. Kosher salt
- 1 Tbls. ground black pepper
- 8 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbls. minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- For The Red Wine Blue Cheese Sauce:
- 2 Tbls. butter
- 8 ounces bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock, divided
- 2 cups favorite red wine
- 1 Tbls. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 Tbls. blue cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drizzle olive oil over roast and rub with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor or blender, add garlic, rosemary, paprika and cayenne. Process until paste-like. Remove from processor and rub all over roast.
- Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan, fat side up.
- Roast, uncovered, until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 1-1/2-2 hours. Remove from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile prepare the Red Wine Blue Cheese Sauce. Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and browned. Remove from skillet.
- Add 1 cup broth and wine to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat 10 minutes. Combine remaining 1/4 cup broth and cornstarch in small bowl. Whisk cornstarch mixture into wine mixture; bring to a boil. Cook 2-3 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken, stirring occasionally. Add blue cheese and swirl in pan until incorporated. Finsh sauce by adding rosemary and mushroom mixture. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm over low heat.
- Carve roast into slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with Holiday Wine Sauce.