- For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup good red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup good olive oil
- For the Salad:
- 2 seedless cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, large diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, large diced
- 6 to 8 whole pepperoncinis, halved
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 red onion, halved then sliced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 pound feta cheese, diced in 1⁄2-inch pieces (not crumbled)
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper in your serving bowl.
- Still whisking, slowly add the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Place the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the feta and olives and toss lightly.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve at room temperature.