- 2 Tbls. butter
- 2 large leeks, sliced thin crosswise
- 3 cloves, minced garlic
- 1 Tbls. minced fresh thyme
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, and sliced 1/8-inch thick (using a mandoline or sharp knife)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 2-quart gratin dish with non-stick spray.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add leeks, garlic and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Saute’ 5-7 minutes until tender and starting to brown. Remove and set aside.
- Whisk cream, wine, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in measuring cup. Mix cheeses together in another bowl. In order, line up the potatoes, leeks, cheese and cream mixture.
- To begin assembly, Layer one-third of potatoes on bottom of gratin dish. Top with one-third of leek mixture, one-third cheese mixture, and one-third cream mixture. Repeat 2 additional times.
- Cover gratin, place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover the gratin and bake an additional 20 minutes until brown and bubbly.