- For the Chicken:
- 4 Tbls. olive oil
- 6 chicken breasts (2 lbs. total)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. fresh black pepper
- 2 Tbls. Italian seasoning
- 4 Tbls. butter
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- For the Assembly:
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup mild girardiera mix, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 package Brioche sliders
- Preheat oven to 400°. With a serrated knife, slice rolls in half lengthwise (without breaking rolls apart). Open rolls and place tops on one side of a baking sheet and bottoms on the other side, cut-side up.
- Mix flour, 1 tsp. salt and pepper and 1 Tbls. of Italian seasoning on a plate.
- Slice chicken breasts horizontally and then cut into 2 inch square pieces to fit the buns. Season with salt and pepper.
- Next, warm a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle with olive oil. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and add to skillet. Cook until browned, flipping once about 8 minutes total. You will need to cook in two batches.
- Melt butter in a bowl and stir in garlic powder, and remaining 1 Tbls. of Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Place brioche rolls in oven. Toast for 3 minutes. Remove from oven. Starting on the bottom halves layering chicken first, followed by marinara, cheeses, and girardiera. Place tops on slider rolls and baste with butter mixture. Bake and an additional 5-7 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Cut apart and serve.