- 8 ounces linguini pasta
- 2 Tbls. olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 pound large shrimp (16–20 count), peeled and deveined
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbls. fresh lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon
- 8 Tbls. butter, cut into pieces
- 2 Tbls. fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the linguine and cook according to package directions for al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, add flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Coat shrimp on both sides and shake off excess. In a large skillet over medium-high heat add olive oil. Next, add enough shrimp to cover pan but not overcrowd it. Cook, turning occasionally until opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining shrimp adding more oil as needed.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the shallots, garlic, red pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Saute’ until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add the wine, lemon juice, zest, and butter. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir to combine.
- Toss in the cooked linguine, parsley, breadcrumbs and shrimp. Combine well and serve immediately.