- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup pancake mix (Bisquick)
- 3/4 cup beer
- vegetable oil
- 1 Tbls. Emerils Essence seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Butterfly the shrimp, by slicing down the back side, not all the way through but just so the shrimp opens up. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Pour oil to depth of 2″ into a Dutch oven or deep fryer; heat to 350 degrees F.
- Combine pancake mix and beer in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Combine flour and seasoning on another plate and coconut on a second plate. Dredge shrimp in flour; shake off excess. Dip shrimp into batter; dredge in coconut. Fry, a few at a time, approximately 2 minutes total until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with mango chutney or keep warm in a 250 degree oven.