- 1 store-bought pizza dough
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes, crushed
- 1 Tbls. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Fontina
- 8–10 slices soppressata or salami
- 1 Serrano chili, thinly sliced
- A handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbls. honey
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place pizza stone or pizza pan in the oven.
- Roll out pizza dough on floured surface. Poke holes in the dough with a fork.
- When oven is preheated, transfer the dough to the stone or pan and bake for 6-7 minutes.
- While crust is baking, crush tomatoes in a medium bowl by hand. Season to taste with salt and Italian seasoning.
- Take the crust out of the oven and spread a thin layer of crushed tomatoes over the crust, leaving the 1-inch border around the edge. Spread Fontina, and Mozzarella over pizza. Next add soppressata, chilies, and basil leaves. Sprinkle lightly with salt and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Transfer pizza back to the oven and cook an additional 6-7 minutes.
- Drizzle pizza with 1 tablespoon honey, slice, and serve.