- 1 package puff pastry dough rolled out thin and cut into 2 1/2 inch squares
- 1 pound Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup bourbon (your favorite kind)
- 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 2 eggs beaten
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Soak cherries in bourbon overnight.
- Place Brie cubes on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and refrigerate until assembly.
- Cook cherry-bourbon mixture in a saucepan on medium-low until fruit softens, approximately 10-15 minutes, then add corn syrup and mix well. Using a food processor or blender, puree the mixture, then chill in refrigerator until cool.
- Heat oven to 425.
- Cut puff pastry into 2 1/2 inch pieces and dollop Brie and cherry mixture in the middle. Season with pepper, then fold dough so all corners are sealed. Shape into rounds with the seam on the bottom.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and place bites on tray. Brush each pastry with egg.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.