- Pair with Famiglia Meschini Chardonnay
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin Spanish olive oil
- 3 1/2 pounds O’Brien-country style potatoes with peppers
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tbls. salt
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup manchego cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- In a large nonstick skilet, heat the olive oil over high heat until it shimmers. Add the potatoes, onion, 1 Tbls. salt and 1 tsp. pepper and cook stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes. Pour the mixture into a colander with a large bowl underneath. Allow potatoes to drain well and reserving the oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, roasted red pepper, manchego, and remaining 1 Tbls. salt and 1 tsp. pepper. Add the potatoes.
- Return the nonstick skillet to medium heat and add 2 Tbls. of the reserved oil. When the oil is hot, add the potato-egg mixture. Use a spatula and spread evenly over the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat to low and cook, shaking the pan occasionally to see if the tortilla is set. After about 20 minutes, when the tortilla has set on the underside, remove the skillet from the heat. Invert a plate on top of the skillet and then quickly invert the pan and the plate together, so the tortilla drops gently on the plate.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and add a few Tbls. of the reserved oil. Slide the tortilla, browned side up, back into the pan and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes. It will be golden brown and set.
- Slide onto plate and cut into 1 1/2 inch squares. Dollop with Sriracha mayo if desired and serve with toothpicks.
- (Mix 1/2 cup of Mayo with 1-2 tsp. of Sriracha sauce.)