Throw an incredible easy dinner party with this Mediterranean menu!
Dinner Party Menu
Appetizer: Greek Salad
Side: Roasted Potatoes
Entree: Lamb Chops
- 2 pounds small red and white potatoes
- 2 Tbls. whole grain mustard
- ⅓ cup chives, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbls. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and boil them until they’re knife-tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, chives, olive oil, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Drain the potatoes well and let them cool. Cut in half and season generously with salt and pepper. Add them to a large bowl and pour dressing over potatoes. Toss the salad. Give it a taste and add a bit more salt & pepper if needed.
- Serve chilled or at room temp.
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup good red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup good olive oil
- For the Salad:
- 2 seedless cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, large diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, large diced
- 6 to 8 whole pepperoncinis, halved
- 1 pintcherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 red onion, halved then sliced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 pound feta cheese, diced in 1⁄2-inch pieces (not crumbled)
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper in your serving bowl.
- Still whisking, slowly add the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Place the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the feta and olives and toss lightly.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve at room temperature.
- For the lamb chops:
- 1 rack of lamb
- ½ cup of Olive oil
- 4–5 Tbls. Herbs de Provence
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the Pesto Yogurt:
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- ¼–1/2cup of pesto
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbls. lemon juice
- To make the Yogurt Pesto sauce mix all ingredients together and salt and pepper to taste. (Can be made 1 day ahead).
- Next, slice rack of lamb into individual chops and pound out each one between plastic wrap ¼ thick. You can have a butcher do this too. Salt and pepper both sides. In a bowl, make a paste by adding Herbs de Provence and olive oil. Rub on both sides of lamb chops. Put into a zip-loc bag and marinate at least one hour.
- Grill 4-5 minutes per side. Place lamb chops on a platter along with the yogurt pesto sauce.
- Serve immediately.