The grilling season has begun. Memorial Day is upon us and whether you are going to the cabin or staying around town, these steak bites are so incredibly easy to make and pair perfectly with this spicy blue cheese sauce and some grilled asparagus. The cajun-flavored marinade tenderizes the steak and tastes amazing.
Easily transportable in zip-loc bags, you can haul these babies anywhere and have dinner in a flash.
Poke your meat with a fork before marinading to maximize the amount of flavor that penetrates into the meat.
- Ingredients for the Steak bites:
- 2 pounds Sirloin steaks
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbls. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbls. honey
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbls. Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Ingredients for Blue Cheese Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tbls. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce (I used Crystal)
- 1 tsp. Worchestshire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, honey, Worcestershire sauce, cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes, and black pepper, stirring to mix well. In a zip-lock bag, add marinade mixture and steak, shaking vigorously to coat meat evenly. Refrigerate steak 4–6 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat a grill to medium-high heat. Place steak on the grill for approximately 6 minutes on each side. When steak is cooked, let rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- For blue cheese sauce, miix all ingredients together and chill until ready to use.
- Serve on a platter with favorite grilled vegetable.