You asked for it….I swear I see peoples eyes light up when you talk about this salad. Wildfire Restaurants started in Illinois and have had a location in Eden Prairie for some time. They even bottle their famous dressing for this salad. I like it much better when its homemade, so I’ve included the dressing recipe here. But feel free to buy it if you like.
Make your Mama happy on Mother’s Day.
Note: You will have leftover dressing. Can keep up to one week in the fridge.
- 1head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped bacon
- ¼ cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1cup baked tortilla chips, crumbled
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup diced roasted chicken
- ¼ cup roasted corn (available frozen from Trader Joe's)
- 2 whole avocados, diced
- CITRUS VINAIGRETTE:
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 small jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, coarsely chopped (leave in some seeds if heat is desired)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 Tbls. minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, toss all salad ingredients together and mix well. Add dressing and toss right before ready to serve.
- Dressing: Put everything but the cilantro into a blender and puree until smooth. Stir in the cilantro; then taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Shake before serving.