Celebrate the 4th of July with these spectacular burgers. The mix is super simple but so yummy. These can also be made ahead and thrown in your cooler. This is Ralph Lauren’s sauce–who new he could cook? And it’s a perfect complement to the burgers.
The 4th isn’t complete without S’mores and here is our favorite new version. Place your toasted marshmallow onto these bars and dig in. This is my buddy Sadie below. She was our expert s’more maker last weekend on Round Lake. If you can find the square shaped marshmallows, they are perfect for this dessert.
When you form the patties, get them as thin as you can by sandwiching the hamburger meat between 2 sheets of wax or Parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Freeze them for at least an hour. If you want a healthier version, use ground turkey.
- Burger Mix
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 Tbls. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 Tbls. Ketchup
- 1 Tbls. yellow mustard
- 1 Tbls. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 egg
- Ralph Lauren Special Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbls. sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cornichons
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients for RL sauce together and refrigerate. Can be made up to 2 days ahead.
- Mix all ingredients for burger together in a mixing bowl.
- Roll a 2 inch round ball (about the size of your palm) of hamburger and place on wax or parchment paper onto a cookie sheet. Place 4 hamburger patties per sheet. Take another piece of wax or parchment paper and place over the hamburger patties pressing down until you have a very thin patties. Repeat the process, stacking all the burgers between paper on the same cookie sheet. The burgers will seem big but they shrink up to fit the bun perfectly after cooking.
- Cover with tinfoil and freeze for at least an hour.
- When ready to grill, take burgers out of the freezer and let defrost 5-10 minutes until the paper peels back easily.
- Grill 4-5 minutes a side until cooked through.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter melted
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips (18 oz)
- 1 bag Marshmallows
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix and crumbs. Stir in melted butter until soft dough forms. Press into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over crust.
- Let cool, and cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Cover until ready to serve.
- Roast Marshmallows and place on top of S'more bar.