Our family is heading out-of-town for vacation in a few days. That means slim pickins’ for meal time around here. I opened our fridge and found blue cheese dressing and egg roll wrappers. I opened the freezer and found leftover buffalo chicken from our last party. Whala… I have dinner, lunch, and (maybe breakfast) for my family.
Egg roll wrappers are my new favorite wrap idea. You could put any kind of shredded chicken, beef, or veggie in these and make a meal. They are also a great make-ahead recipe for when your short on time. Freeze on parchment paper until ready to cook and add 5 minutes to the cooking time below.
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Franks Hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-8 oz. bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- Blue cheese dressing
- 1 bag of shredded lettuce or coleslaw mix
- Turn Slow cooker on high. Add chicken, Franks hot sauce, butter and salt and pepper. Cook on high 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay an egg roll wrappers out on a clean work surface. Spread ⅓ to ½ cup of chicken over egg roll and then sprinkle with cheese.
- To roll the egg roll, turn the sides of the wrapper in and fold side closest to you over the filling. sealing the edges with water. Place the egg roll seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Lightly spray the tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray and bake for 12 to 17 minutes, flipping over halfway through, until golden brown and crispy. Serve with blue cheese dressing and lettuce.